Friday, August 4, 2017

Welcome to 2nd Grade! Our 2017-2018 School Year!

Welcome Back Second Grade Families!

Dearest 2B,



I am overjoyed to be serving another year here at Archway Arete as your child’s second grade teacher. Teaching is my passion and I have taught second grade for nine years. I can't believe I will be embarking on year TEN with your children. I love the purpose and mission of Great Hearts. I look forward to partnering with you (the parents) to serve in cultivating the minds and hearts of your children through the pursuit of truth, beauty, and goodness. It is my goal to ensure your child feels welcome, safe, and comfortable in our classroom. It is from this feeling of safety that learning can take place and little minds can flourish! Please don't hesitate to reach out to me throughout the school year. I look forward to building our classroom community of learners. I can’t wait to meet all of you!


Here is a little bit about me…I am an Arizona native and have loved growing up in this dry heat! I attended Arizona State University for both my bachelors and masters degree. I met my husband in 2011 and we are the proud owners of a chocolate labrador retriever named Paisley! I also have a 2 1/2 year old niece (Elizabeth) and a 1 year old nephew (JP) that I LOVE playing with. Auntie life is the best life so I'm sure your kids will hear about them a lot! When I’m not in the classroom I enjoy spending time with my family, crafting, decorating my house, exercising, shopping, and trying out new recipes in the kitchen (or just eating what my husband grills for dinner).
Here is a picture of ME when I was in 2nd Grade!

We are SO fortunate to have Ms. Desirae Smith as our Assistant Teacher this year. Here is a little bit about her…


Hello! I am so pleased to be moving to 2nd grade and being your Assistant Teacher for this year! I was born in Mt. Holly, NJ (military family) and spent a majority of my life here in Arizona! I am a senior at Grand Canyon University, and will be receiving my Bachelor’s in Elementary Education/Special Education this December! I worked as a rehabilitation and respite care provider prior to working here at Arete in the E.S.S department for the past two years. 


Ms. Smith and Mr. Olaiz

When I am not at school (or working on homework!) I enjoy traveling through different thrift stores and vintage shops, and cannot resist checking out local coffee shops. I have a heart for children’s books (as a teacher should!) and enjoy writing “KidLit” (Children’s Literature) in my spare time. I cannot wait to meet everyone, and see what adventures are in store for us this year!






With Grateful Hearts,

Mrs. Dombrowski and Ms. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment