Friday, July 27, 2018

Welcome to 2B ~ 2018-2019

Mr. Dombrowski and I
Welcome Back Second Grade Families!

My name is Barbara Dombrowski I am overjoyed to be serving another year here at Archway Arete as your child’s second grade teacher. Teaching is my passion and I have taught second grade for ten years. I look forward to partnering with you (the parents) to serve in cultivating the hearts and minds of your children through the pursuit of truth, beauty, and goodness. It is my goal to ensure your child feels loved, welcomed, safe, and comfortable in our classroom. It is from this feeling of safety that learning can take place and little minds can flourish! Please don't hesitate to reach out to me throughout the school year. I look forward to building our classroom community of learners. I can’t wait to meet all of you!




Mrs. D in 2nd Grade!

Here is a little bit about me…I am an Arizona native and have loved growing up in this dry heat! I attended Arizona State University for both my bachelors and masters degree. I met my husband in 2011. We have been married for four blissful years and we are the proud owners of a chocolate labrador retriever named Paisley! I also love my role as an Auntie, spoiling and playing with my niece and two nephews. I enjoy spending time with family, sweating my way through cycle class, talking Mr. Dombrowski into doing the next HGTV/Pinterest inspired DIY project around the house, shopping, and reading.








Meet our Assistant Teacher: We are so fortunate to have Ms. Victoria Monk as our Assistant Teacher this year. Here is a little bit about her…

Miss Monk in 2nd Grade!
My name is Victoria Monk, and I am thrilled to be your assistant teacher this year! I was born and raised in Gilbert, and I always say that there is nothing quite equal to the excitement of coming home to Phoenix. I am a senior at Grand Canyon University and anticipate graduating in December with a double degree in Elementary Education and English Literature. I have tutored various subjects at the community college and independently, and last fall I taught a middle school class for an independent theater company that culminated in a full-length theater production!

Miss Monk with two of her brothers



In my free time, I love to perform in community theater, read good old books, talk about C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien with my English literature friends, and write middle grade fiction. But most of all, I like catching up with my siblings, which takes quite a lot of time because there are 10 of them! I am also the proud aunt of 4 adorable nieces and nephews (2 of each so far!), and love doing the fun auntie things like painting sparkly nails, teaching them to pronounce my name before anyone else’s, telling make-believe stories, and cultivating a love of crackers and cheese with way too much mustard. I am so excited to get to know your children and to embark on the second grade adventure with them!






Important Information for Meet the Teacher: We are looking forward to meeting you all on Thursday! Families with last names beginning A-M are invited to join us from 5:30-6:30. Families with last names beginning with N-Z are invited to join us from 6:30-7:30. Students should bring all school supplies. Please keep in mind that Meet the Teacher is more of a meet and greet opportunity. If you have specific concerns regarding your child, please email me so we can schedule a time to meet or talk on the phone outside of Meet the Teacher. I make myself available for these types of meetings the first couple weeks of school.

We look forward to meeting you soon!

Love,

Mrs. Dombrowski & Miss Monk

No comments:

Post a Comment