I often get asked the question: "What should we be reading at home? Do you have any book recommendations?" I LOVE this question! Here are two recommended reading lists from Great Hearts:
Thanks to our friends at Archway North Phoenix for this Recommended Reading List for Grade 2.
Thank you Mrs. Mason, our Dean of Academics, for sharing this Supplemental Reading List.
For finding just the right book for your child's reading level, this website is helpful. You can plug in either a Lexile score and it gives you titles, or you can plug in a title and it gives you a Lexile score. https://fab.lexile.com/ *If you e-mail me I can give you your child's Lexile Range which is a great way to find what books they should be reading.*
This is an additional resource you may want to utilize. You can plug in a title and it gives content reviews regarding language, maturity level, etc. https://www.commonsensemedia.org/book-reviews
Love,
Mrs. Dombrowski
No comments:
Post a Comment