Fall Break is here! I hope that you have a wonderful break with your families. Get some rest and relaxation (no homework)! I can't wait to hear about all of the 2B Fall Break adventures upon our return. I am also looking forward to Parent/Teacher Conferences! Don't forget to sign up:
- Link to sign up for 2B Conferences with Mrs. D and Mrs. Smith
- Link to sign up for Specials Conferences (optional)
A Note About Planned Absences: Please let me know in advance if you plan to be gone from school. I will do my best to make sure your child has what they need, however, it is easier on Mrs. Smith and I (for copying/lesson planning purposes) if they receive the missed work upon their return. We gather the missed papers when they are gone and can put it inside their homework folder when they come back to school. Weekly homework is also posted on the side bar ---> of the blog along with Spalding words embedded into our blog post.
Checklists for Quarter 1: Please keep in mind when you receive your child's checklist for Quarter 1 that the numbers indicate your child's proficiency in each skill as well as my proximity to your child. They should help answer the question: How close does this student need me to be in order to complete that skill successfully? (Because our hope is that all students are experiencing success in our classrooms!)
"4" would look like: Your child displays confident success in that skill without any further support. I can be working with another student and your child is able to independently show accurate proficiency without further instruction.
"3" would look like: Your child is showing proficiency in this skill, and benefits from occasional support. I am walking throughout the classroom, occasionally stopping by his desk to monitor progress, and when I do so, he or she is successful.
"2" would look something like: Your child is able to complete that task, but is in need of additional support. I am sitting right behind him or her, looking over their shoulder, whispering reminders, and with that support they are able to be successful.
"1" would look like: Your child needs my full attention and continual support in order for him or her to be successful in that skill. I am sitting right beside them, holding their hand, pointing with my finger to help track those words as they read, etc.
NA: Means that the skill has not been covered or assessed yet.
Please reach out to me with any questions you may have about the checklists! We can also talk about them at conferences too.
Birthdays: We have a few birthday shout-outs that I didn't want to miss over the break! Happy Birthday to Lily (5th), Lilah (10th), Livia (14th), Elise and Anthony (15th). WOW! Have a great birthday everyone!
Virtue Note: We had an amazing chat about HONESTY this week. I shared something with the kids that I learned growing up ~ A lie you have to remember and sometimes the story changes (and when you tell a lie, you might feel guilty about it)...the truth is ALWAYS the truth, no matter what (and you feel better when you tell the truth ~ guilt free)! And the TRUTH always has a way of coming out! I said, "Do your parents ever tell you that you'll get into more trouble if you lie and less trouble if you're honest?" They all responded with, "YEAH!" The students were pretty honest and bravely shared stories of times they told lies and how their parents found out about it! I'm glad they feel safe and comfortable in our classroom to share this :-). I love these Great Hearted scholars!
Typing Master: Students have been working hard at Typing Master! Please reinforce keeping all fingers on the "home row" when your children are working on their computer or laptop at home. The "home row" is asdfjkl;
Poetry: Here is a copy of our new poem, Merry Autumn Days. This was also sent home in your child's folder on Tuesday. Their poem recitation grades for Something Told the Wild Geese were sent home in Friday Folders today.
A few pictures to share:
Renaming in Subtraction...
Pictures of our FUN Life Cycle Scoot Game...We have fun "scooting" as we reviewed the life cycle of a chicken, frog, butterfly, and plant. We "scooted" as different animals and people, too!
Our Lima Bean Experiment...
Charlotte's Web Movie Party Today:
Fun with Friends...
Personal Note: Last week, the Arete teachers an opportunity to pack food at Feed My Starving Children. If you've never been there before, I highly recommend it! Your children can participate as well. Here is a picture of Mrs. Cook, Mrs. Lacsa, and I with our awesome hair nets :-).
Curriculum: When we return from Fall Break we have half days and parent/teacher conferences. This is going to impact our classroom schedule slightly. I will be sure to update you on our learning curriculum in the next Blog Post!
Spalding Words for 10/17-10/20:
Monday: such, morning, however, mind, shall, alone, order, third, push, point
Tuesday: within, body, field, belongs, cheese, earn, edge, feather, fence, funny
Please check out this Book Fair/Read a Thon Letter.
Have a FABULOUS Fall Break!
Love,
Mrs. Dombrowski








No comments:
Post a Comment